Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Two Severe Operational Bugs in Cubism

edited December 2023 in Help
- Live2D Software Version: (e.g. Cubism Editor 5.0.03)
- OS & Version: (macOS Sonoma 14.2)
- PC Model: (MacBookPro 2023)
- Graphics Specifications: (Apple M3max)
- CPU: (Apple M3max)
- Memory: (64GB)
-
1.I am experiencing significant lag and stuttering when dragging any UI element in Cubism if my mouse's polling rate exceeds 500 Hz. The issue resolves only when the polling rate is set to 125 Hz. This problem is not mouse-model specific, as I have encountered it with all my mice (Razer, ROG, Logitech)
2.After upgrading Cubism to version 5.0.03, the functionality of using the command key for multi-selection has stopped working. This issue was not present in version 5.0.02.

Comments

• Options
    @chakun

Thank you for always using our products.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

[1]
    We are currently investigating the details.
    Please set the polling rate to 125Hz to avoid this issue.

[2]
    Please try deleting the editor's configuration file.
    Will the problem be resolved if I delete the configuration file and then reinstall it again?
    https://help.live2d.com/en/cubismeditor/cubism-does-not-start-mac/#:~:text=Delete Configuration Files
    When selecting multiple items, it looks flickering, but what does it look like if you click very slowly?

Although it is different from the email address registered for this forum account, did you send the same content via email? I would like to know if they are the same person.
  • Options

@chakun

[1]

[2]
    Will the problem be resolved if I delete the configuration file and then reinstall it again?
    https://help.live2d.com/en/cubismeditor/cubism-does-not-start-mac/#:~:text=Delete Configuration Files
    When selecting multiple items, it looks flickering, but what does it look like if you click very slowly?

Although it is different from the email address registered for this forum account, did you send the same content via email? I would like to know if they are the same person.

This did not work, the exact same operation in 5.0.02 had no issues, and it's not related to the speed of operation, but it doesn't work in 5.0.03
  • Options

@chakun

[1]

[2]

It's me. I used email specifically to emphasize this issue and also to attach a video for a more detailed demonstration. Can this problem be reproduced on your internal Apple Silicon Macs?
  • Options

@chakun

[1]

[2]

It's me. I used email specifically to emphasize this issue and to attach a video for a more detailed demonstration. Can this problem be reproduced on the Apple Silicon Macs at your team?
  • Options
    @chakun

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for reporting the issue in detail.
    Did the issue [1] also occur in versions prior to 5.0.03?
    Is this bilibili post also yours?
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rF41117Tr/?vd_source=d5827dd7a93cfd9355a38ce2a18649c3#reply188041459776

Share your current situation.

About issue [1]
    We are in the process of looking for a mouse that supports high polling rates, and have not yet been able to confirm that the issue recurs on our machine.
    There are no reports from users other than bilibili above.

About issue [2]
    On the Apple Silicon machine we have, we can successfully make multiple selections using the command key.
    There are no reports from other users.
    When selecting multiple items, the appearance of the selected gray area will flicker a little, but this is currently being investigated in detail.
    This phenomenon of flickering appearance in the selected state has the same behavior in all versions, so it may be unrelated to the issue you reported this time.

Since there are no reports from other users, it is possible that this is an issue that only occurs in a specific environment.
    We will continue to investigate, but it may take a considerable amount of time.

Please try to see if Cubism Editor works properly after deleting or completely closing all resident applications on your mac.
    I'm concerned that the behavior differs depending on the version, but it may also be affected by some other application.

Our company will be closed for a long year-end and New Year holiday from December 29th to January 3rd.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the closure. Also, even after business resumes, response will be slow for a while. very sorry.
    We will do our best to solve your problems.
  • Options
    @chakun

I have identified the cause of issue [2].
    Although multiple selections can be made on the parts palette, there was a problem where multiple selections could not be completed on the deformer palette.
    We will take immediate action. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please wait for a while until the issue is resolved.

Regarding problem [1], it looks like we can prepare a similar environment, so we will contact you as soon as there is progress.

Thank you.
  • Options

@chakun

I have identified the cause of issue [2].
    Although multiple selections can be made on the parts palette, there was a problem where multiple selections could not be completed on the deformer palette.
    We will take immediate action. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please wait for a while until the issue is resolved.

Regarding problem [1], it looks like we can prepare a similar environment, so we will contact you as soon as there is progress.

Thank you.

If you can find a Logitech mouse, then you can use G-HUB to set a polling rate that exceeds, or find some 'gaming mouse' which typically have a high default polling rate, suitable for comparison with regular mouse.
    Problem [1] has persisted in versions of Cubism after the support for Apple Silicon.
  • Options

@chakun

Did the issue [1] also occur in versions prior to 5.0.03?
    Is this bilibili post also yours?
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rF41117Tr/?vd_source=d5827dd7a93cfd9355a38ce2a18649c3#reply188041459776

Share your current situation.

About issue [1]
    We are in the process of looking for a mouse that supports high polling rates, and have not yet been able to confirm that the issue recurs on our machine.
    There are no reports from users other than bilibili above.

About issue [2]
    On the Apple Silicon machine we have, we can successfully make multiple selections using the command key.
    There are no reports from other users.
    When selecting multiple items, the appearance of the selected gray area will flicker a little, but this is currently being investigated in detail.
    This phenomenon of flickering appearance in the selected state has the same behavior in all versions, so it may be unrelated to the issue you reported this time.

Since there are no reports from other users, it is possible that this is an issue that only occurs in a specific environment.
    We will continue to investigate, but it may take a considerable amount of time.

Please try to see if Cubism Editor works properly after deleting or completely closing all resident applications on your mac.
    I'm concerned that the behavior differs depending on the version, but it may also be affected by some other application.

Our company will be closed for a long year-end and New Year holiday from December 29th to January 3rd.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the closure. Also, even after business resumes, response will be slow for a while. very sorry.
    We will do our best to solve your problems.

This is also me, but I was using a MacBook Air 2020 M1, MacOS 13, a Razer Viper mouse, and Cubism 5.0.0
  • Options
    @chakun

We have confirmed that problem [1] is reproduced on our machine as well.
    We apologize for taking so long to reproduce the problem.

We plan to take steps to address this issue in the future.
    The issue of not being able to select using the command key is particularly inconvenient, so we plan to address it as soon as possible.
    thank you very much.
  • Options

@chakun

We have confirmed that problem [1] is reproduced on our machine as well.
    We apologize for taking so long to reproduce the problem.

We plan to take steps to address this issue in the future.
    The issue of not being able to select using the command key is particularly inconvenient, so we plan to address it as soon as possible.
    thank you very much.

Actually, there's another issue that has been bothering me, which is that directly double-clicking to open a .cmo3 file can only open Cubism, but it can't correctly link to the corresponding cmo3 file. Can this issue be reproduced on your end?
  • Options
    @chakun

We are aware of the issue where files cannot be opened by double-clicking, and we plan to address this issue in the future.