Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

invisible masking + auto stroke

edited February 2016 in Feature requests
hello!
i saw this thread and i thought: hey this could help me with my current problem!
you see, i tried to make a character that blends into the background, like this:

but instead, what i get is this:
[picture exported from Cubism Animator]
right: mask on, the bangs and hair_side are at 100% opacity
left: mask still on, the bangs and hair_side are 0% opacity
i don't know how to get the bangs to disappear while clipping away part of the face to show the background behind it, is there a trick to do it? :D

another suggestion:
kind of like MikuMikuDance, the possibility to add a stroke around a character/model, to achieve this look:
the current method is to copy every piece of a model, paint it black, and then layer it under the model while using the same deformers and parameters of the part it outlines, which is a hassle if you have a lot of parts. especially since it's used to hide parts that separate apart like the elbow, which makes the black outline break and require a workaround.

Comments

• For the first one, I would make another copy of the background, set "draw order" higher than the face but lower than the bang and clip it with the bang ID. Next, move bang opacity to test. It's not completely perfect, but it does the trick.

As for the second, I'm not sure that's possible. I haven't figure it out yet. Sorry.
  • I believe that second one (the outline) can be done in Unity.

You have two Live2D models, one frontal, one behind. The behind one is totally black and a bit bigger than the frontal one, and it does all of the movements the frontal one does. Bam! Black outline.

I hope it helped :smile:
  • edited February 2016
    Wai said:

For the first one, I would make another copy of the background, set "draw order" higher than the face but lower than the bang and clip it with the bang ID. Next, move bang opacity to test. It's not completely perfect, but it does the trick.

As for the second, I'm not sure that's possible. I haven't figure it out yet. Sorry.

it worked!!

but it would still be helpful to be able to mask something even if the parent layer was at 0% opacity, i guess that's difficult to make since i don't see it in a lot of applications anyway o_o
    CBeam said:

I believe that second one (the outline) can be done in Unity.

You have two Live2D models, one frontal, one behind. The behind one is totally black and a bit bigger than the frontal one, and it does all of the movements the frontal one does. Bam! Black outline.

I hope it helped :smile:

it sounds like a good workaround, but i hadn't used Unity yet, most of my projects are in the Animator making short movies /conversations. would it be slower for users with lower specs to be animating two models one layered behind the other?

• That looks awesome!
    I just talked it over with masa.s@live2d and there's unfortunately no way to do it within the modeler or the animator. Instead of Unity you could also use some video editing software. In case you go with Unity, I should be able to help :) .
  • That looks awesome!
    I just talked it over with masa.s@live2d and there's unfortunately no way to do it within the modeler or the animator. Instead of Unity you could also use some video editing software. In case you go with Unity, I should be able to help :) .

i see!
    there was an idea but i hadn't tried it yet, which i should now that the the selection tool makes it easier to bend and rotate things: to have the arm separated into outline+colors, and they move together, and when it breaks at the elbow i can just stretch the outline or shrink it to fit the shape.
    hmmm.... time for some experiments :D
  • Great work renoa! She looks fantastic and it's so beautiful with her hair blending into the background.
  • Wai said:

Great work renoa! She looks fantastic and it's so beautiful with her hair blending into the background.

thanks a lot friend!
    i would have liked it more if there was a way to do it in the animator so i can change the background dynamically, but since it's just a test to see if it CAN be done, i think it was pretty successful :D