Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Worse performance on 5.0 compared to 4.2

Hello!

I just updated to Cubism 5 recently from 4.2, and I'm facing huge amounts of lag in the editor when sliding parameters while an Artmesh or deformer is selected as well as additional screen tearing when "Randomize parameters" is activated.

While lag is also present on the previous version, it is not as heavy as in 5.0. I have also tried the workaround for High DPI displays, and even unplugged the second monitor, but it did not improve the performance. I have attached a screen capture of the comparison between 5.0 and 4.2 with the Hiyori sample model.

Screen capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aOvw18Q5wE6Tg_d72X_kz5goRNuTkVr3/view?usp=sharing

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-8265U
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX130
RAM: 16GB

Display:
Monitor 1: 1920x1080
Monitor 2: 1440x900

Comments