Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Re-implementing CubismNativeFramework, is it allowed?

Hello, I'd like to ask question about Cubism 3 SDK for Native.

I'd like to use Cusibm 3 SDK for Native to render Cubism 3 models using LÖVE framework in conjunction with Lua (LuaJIT) language. Due to performance reasons, creating Lua C binding of Cubism Core using Lua C API is not allowed, but using LuaJIT FFI (Foreign Function Interface) to load Cubism Core DLL/shared object is okay and in my case, that's preferred way to use external code that is in DLL/shared object. However this means I have to rewrite CubismNativeFramework to Lua because using Lua C API to bind all the CubismNativeFramework would took long time and it's not allowed in the first place due to performance reasons.

My question is: Am I allowed to rewrite CubismNativeFramework to Lua? And once it's done, am I allowed to open-source my rewrite of CubismNativeFramework?
Tagged:

Answers