Please limit one question/topic per post.
Please provide the following details depending on types of question
▼ For question regarding Editor, please provide:
- Live2D Software Version: (e.g. Cubism Editor 3.1.02, Euclid Editor 1.2.02)
- OS & Version: (e.g. Windows 10, macOS HighSierra)
- PC Model: (e.g. MacBookPro 2017)
- Graphics Specifications: (e.g. GeForce GTX 950M)
- Memory: (e.g. 8GB)
- Illustration Software used: (e.g. Photoshop, ClipStudio, SAI)
- Attach screenshot or capture video to show your problem:
▼ For question regarding SDK, please provide:
- For us to reproduce the issue you wish to inquire about, please provide either a minimum project file which has the issue. or specific instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
- Types and version of Cubism SDK you are using.
▼ For question regarding Cubism Software License,
For issues related to purchasing, your order, license key, and subscription, please contact us via contact form:
Missing parts using UnlitMasked material
I am experiencing a strange issue on some of my models where the a body part that is masked will not show up at runtime. In particular, the pupils for a character, which are masked by the white parts of the eye, will not show up at runtime. See the image below:
However, the pupils will show up in the editor when the game is not running:
As you can see, the right pupil (named ArtMesh2) is using the UnlitMasked material:
The left pupil (named ArtMesh7) is also experiencing the same issue.
I believe this may be an issue relating to the fact that the pupils are separate ArtMesh objects that are actually copies of one another (I just duplicated one pupil to create the second one.) My reason for thinking this may be the case is an old bug that was reported here: https://community.live2d.com/discussion/450/some-body-parts-missing-in-unity-5-5
In that link, the original poster stated that they experienced the issue because they were using duplicate ArtMesh objects, and were able to resolve their issue by editing Live2D.shader and replace Cull [_cull]
with Cull Off
This issue was resolved several years ago, and now there is no such Live2D.shader. Instead, I found Project/Assets/Live2D/Cubism/Rendering/Resources/Live2D/Cubism/Shaders, which contains Mask.shader
. However, both of those shader files already have the code Cull Off
I should also mention that I have experienced this problem with a few of my models, but I am only able to consistently reproduce the issue with the model I have shown in the screenshot--the pupils on that model always fail to display.
The SDK version I am using is CubismSdkForUnity-4-beta.2
I am using Unity 2019.2.17f1 on macOS Mojave.
All of my models were created in Live2D Cubism Editor 4.0.