Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Question about the alive-chan Illustration Contest.

I want to enter the Alive-Chan contest. But before that I want to know the Do's and Don't Do. I feel that the rules of the contest Didn't explain enough. I know for example no nudes or anything Not safe for work is not allowed. And the character has to be female. 1)But what about certain type of clothing's? Again I know latex,fetish,and revealing clothes are not allowed. But would School uniforms,Shine maiden outfits,goth clothes,etc... Would they be okay? 2)How old would Alice-Chan have to be? I know she shouldn't be a child or preteen. But can she be say about 50 or 60 years old? Okay maybe not that old but still I would like to know the age range. 3) Is race important? I not trying to bait,not a SJW,not a BLM,or a troll. I'm just trying to see if there any boundaries. It make since that Alice-chan would be Japanese. After all the Live2d is Japanese company and it staff are Japanese. But It would make it easier for my version to look different. Well ether way I respect and follow the Live2d answer. 4) what about hairstyles? Is a low cut or her being bald okay? Anyway thank you for taking your time reading this. I like to say it again that I'm not a troll or anything like that. I'm not trying to stir any trouble. I just want to be totally clear on the rule before I upload anything.

Comments

• Hi StraightShota,

Here's our answers for your question.
    Q1. Has there been any character called “alive-chan” already? Is it OK to draw “alive-chan” with my own idea from scratch?

A1. There is no character called “alive-chan” at Live2D. We expect your very original creation to represent the characteristic of Live2D or “alive”, Live2D’s annual conference.

Q2. Is there any necessity that the character needs to be standing towards the front?

A2. There is no restriction at all. Illustrations in which the character takes some posture are also acceptable. We’d like to see your work which maximized the charms of your own “alive-chan”.

Q3. Is there any disadvantage if my “alive-chan” has many features or if the character seems hard to made into Live2D model?

A3. Our first priority to judge is how much the character represents the essence of Live2D or “alive”. Difficulty in making Live2D models is not included in our criteria.

Q4. Should my “alive-chan” be a female character?

A4. “alive-chan”’s age, sex, gender has not been decided. Even the character doesn’t necessarily need to be human race. You can bring any of your idea for the character!

Thanks,

Dai