Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Does Cubism render 0% items, calculate their physics?

This might be more related to the program you use your Cubism project with. For example Live2D. I just realized this while I was making this post. But maybe it isn't. I am lost where I should ask about it.

So let's say I have...:
dress A
dress B
dress C

Dress A and dress B has their own legs. Legs as in socks, stocking, whatever.
But dress C uses A's legs.

Is it better to copy and paste A's legs and call it "C's legs", effectively making a new part and just having the whole set ready for expression toggle, or should I make a toggle to only hide the legs, basically making the whole thing more modular and sorting it out in the expression?

Version A: Where I just have a separate piece for the whole dress. This is cleaner. One expression, one full variation. But results in duplicated parts. If Cubism/Live2D doesn't render and calculate 0% items, the more items does not more load on the software in the end. But if it does, this is just not efficient.

Version B: This version would have only one part, even if it shared. And the switch would be done through an expression. This complicates the model and project, but it sounds more "efficient". But, I am not sure how Cubism/Live2D handles things.

If I hide a part to opacity 0%, are they unloaded, or do they still render just remain invisible?
Since I can't toggle part visibility otherwise - as far as I know.

I mean I know version B is 100% works but it's so much more work and thinking. Which is fine if I must, just saying.

Thanks!

Comments