Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Help, Live2D won't overwrite exported .moc3 file

- Live2D Software Version: Cubism Editor 5.0.0 (pro version)
- OS & Version: Windows 10
- PC Model: Asus TUF Gaming Laptop FX505GT
- Graphics Specifications: GeForce GTX 1650
- CPU: Intel Core i5 - 9th gen
- Memory: 16 gb
- Illustration Software used: Photoshop

So I have been working on this model for a while now and when exporting is fine as well at first, but recently when I try to export it this time, the save bar shows up then stops abruptly. I am so stuck with this and I need urgent help

Extra info, I also get a warning about the number of mask ID permutation types, I am not sure if this would affect is as well but might as well add it in here

Comments

• Options
    UPDATE: So I got a work around on this matter, and noticed that blendshapes has to do with it. To those experiencing the same issue as I have, try to read the log file and check which parameter was having issues. Delete the deformers that is connected to said blendshape and try rigging it again.
  • Options
    Chiming in to this, I already saw 4 reports (one being my personal experience) that there's something wrong with 5.0 blendshape corrupts the project. The parameter cannot be deleted, nor have the keyforms removed. We don't know what caused the corruption as it can be random, even as soon as you load your project when there were no errors earlier.

The only fix is to delete the objects related to that blendshape, which means loss of work.

This seriously needs to be looked into ASAP.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I would recommend waiting for an answer from the official Live2D staff before deleting the objects (Or save the cmo3 with renaming). They may be able to retrieve the model and possibly fix it.
    Also, there may be some error-free data left in the automatic backup. Please check.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @YabiVT @Ran_TH
    Thank you for always using our products.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have received similar reports from other users.
    We are investigating internally, but have not been able to reproduce the problem.
    Could you please send us the following files for further investigation?

・CMO3 files that cause this problem
    ・Log files under the logs folder

The location of the logs folder is listed below. Please send us the compressed folder.
    【Windows】
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Live2D\CubismX(version name)_Editor\logs
    【mac】
    /Users/(username)/Library/Live2D/CubismX(version name)_Editor/logs

Also, please tell us as much as you remember about the date and time the problem occurred.

If you have modified the file, please check your backup folder for the problematic CMO3 file.
    https://docs.live2d.com/en/cubism-editor-manual/autosave/

Please upload your files to the following location.
    https://biz.datadeliver.net/posts/upydjshxOmPz

Best regards.
  • Options
    I have uploaded my file to your link.

My case was slightly different, Cubism says it added a new blendshape parameter because of "incorrect blendshapes", however I didn't remember adding blendshape to that artmesh.

I was still able to export the model, but I can't delete the parameter that Cubism created.
    Please look into it.
  • Options
    I already modified the file by deleting the parameters and re-doing everything from scratch which allows me to save it again, but I still sent the .cmo3 file as well as the logs that came with it.~

Thank you so much for looking into this matter
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Ran_TH @YabiVT
    Thank you for sending the model.
    An investigation is currently underway.
    Could you please answer the following questions regarding this model file?
    As much as you can remember is fine.

01. What version of this model file did you start to create?
    02. Did you use a model containing a deformer with blendshapes as a "template"?
      If you used it as a template, would you be willing to send me that model for research?
    03. Have you ever used "skinning" on an art mesh with blendshapes?
      We have confirmed that using "Skinning from Deformation Path" on an art mesh with blendshapes causes a problem.
      If you have done this procedure, we are sorry, but we ask that you avoid this procedure until the feature is fixed.

If you would like to send us your model files, please upload them to the following location.
    https://biz.datadeliver.net/posts/upydjshxOmPz

We greatly appreciate your cooperation in the survey.
    Best regards.
  • Options
    Hello again!

01. What version of this model file did you start to create?
    - Started making the model on version 4.2

02. Did you use a model containing a deformer with blendshapes as a "template"?
      If you used it as a template, would you be willing to send me that model for research?
    - Did not use it as a template (idk what that means honestly haha)

03. Have you ever used "skinning" on an art mesh with blendshapes?
      - Now that you mentioned it, yes. I did the blendshapes first then used skinning
    to get the desired physics of the model that I was working on.

Thank you so much for the help!
  • Options
    @YabiVT
    Thank you for answering my question!
    We will refer to this information for future correspondence.

We have completed the analysis of the model you sent us.
    Please be assured that the data did not contain any abnormal data and was in a secure state.
    Thank you for your continued support.
  • Options
    @ueno(staff)
    1. Started in 4.2.02
    2. Did not use template
    3. Yes I recall the mesh was blendshaped.
    Is it a problem specifically when you start in 4.2 or it also can happen in 5.0 projects?
  • Options
    @Ran_TH
    Thank you for answering my question!
    We will refer to this information for future correspondence.

Yes, this problem occurs even if you started working on the model in 5.0.
    Also, please confirm that we have completed the restoration of the model you recently sent us.

Thank you for your continued support.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @ueno(staff)
    I appreciate the help! However I already recovered the file from backup and continued from there, so please remove the file now :)
    Would've appreciate more if you send the file through Direct Message instead because it's kind of a confidential file (I know it's passworded, but still)
    Thank you
  • Options
    @Ran_TH
    Thank you for your reply.
    Sorry, the link has been removed.
    We will consider this for future operation. Thank you for pointing this out.
  • Options
    @YabiVT @Ran_TH
    This bug has been fixed in the recently released version 5.0.01.
    (Currently, the download page does not display the download progress in the browser. If the download does not start, sorry, try waiting a while)

However, please note that this operation is deprecated, as indicated in the update history.
    After the art mesh is split, the blendshape's movement may change.
    Be sure to check the deformation of the blendshape in the automatically split art mesh.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this survey.
    Thank you for your continued support of our products.