Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

draw order auto set?

Live2D Cubism Editor 3.2
Is there a feature that automatically sets the draw order?
Now I have to set 1000, 990, 980... It will take some time
because if I put PSD in
always 500

Live2D Cubism Editor 2.0
Just throw the PSD in and it's automatically set

Answers

• edited June 2018
    Hi @anzelo

In Cubism 3, even though all the layer has same number,
    but it still respect the order of the layer:
    ie.

Head Folder
    ├Object 1 [Layer Order 500]
    ├Object 2 [Layer Order 500]
    └Object 3 [Layer Order 500]
    └Object 4 [Layer Order 501]

In this case, upper Layer Order will appear on the top [same as Photoshop layering system]
    It will appear like this order

-Object 4
    -Object 1
    -Object 2
    -Object 3

So, you not really need to change it manually.

• For some reason, I didn't post this comment in 2018 and found out about it only now, after almost 5 years. And after all these years I still can say:

@FxaYuan
    When we have 500-1000 layers with default Draw Order 500 it's not easy to set Draw Order for every layer manually. And we may want to animate some objects to be closer or further away, so we definitely have to change the Draw Order, if the object is overlapped by others. For example, the hand in front of and behind the body. Imagine if there are many more such objects.
    Now you always have Draw Order 500 for all layers and order in the Part tab means nothing when you set up the keys on the parameters. Thus, you are forced to set up Draw Order manually.

There is some beauty in being able to change the display of the layer order by dragging in the Part tab, but this doesn't eliminate the problem described earlier, which didn't exist in version 2.1.