Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

efficient way to animate this eye smile that does not contain eyelash but a pupil

edited September 2022 in Help
hello I am new to live2d and rigging my first model. This is a non-humanoid character so maybe I made it harder for myself but anyways, I'm having trouble figuring out the eye smile with the pupil in this eye. Because the pupil is on top of the eye, how can I hide it?
my possibly bad solution was moving the pupil up but it looks weird. Is there another way?
Secondly, the iris. If I don't separate the iris then obviously it still appears when smiling or eyes closed. I don't want that. I tried it out with the iris being separated but it doesn't look good because I have to animate the iris as well moving up and down. Is that the only way with these kinds of eyes and I just need to tweak it a little more? I made a closed eye asset and I did animate that to see what it would look like, and it can cover the iris but it doesn't seem like an efficient way to do this and I was wondering due to my inexperience that there is some other way.
here is pic

it's really tough, any help or tricks is appreciated. There are no eyelashes so i think it makes this process harder as I can't find any tutorials of characters with no eyelashes.

Comments