Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Error exporting to moc3

edited April 2022 in Help
I am getting errors when trying to export my model, log attached as file.

My setup is:

- Intel Core i3 4160
- 24 GB RAM
- Windows 10

Any idea why I seems to be running out of memory? The file is quite complext and now sitting at 170mb so I realize I may have to adjust something to mkae it less heavy but I am not sure what to do and how.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Hi, @Scandein
    Thank you for your contact.
    This is Live2D Support.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It is possible that there is not enough memory space in the Cubism Editor due to other software.
    Could you try restarting the PC and starting only the Editor to export the file?

If you can't solve the problem, could you reinstall the Cubism editor?

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.
  • Options
    @kudo(Staff) I have tried rebooting and running only Cubism and I have also reinstalled it with no success.

I also tried exporting this on a different computer with the same result.

Any chance you could have a look at the file to see if there are things I could do to optimize it?
  • Options
    Also, would adding more RAM be helpful? I assume 24GB would be enough but if adding more is an option I might do that.

I have an earlier version of the model that is 150mb that I am able to export but with some additional changed the file is now 170mb and I have so far not been able to export that version.
  • Options
    Hi, @Scandein
    Thanks for confirming.

Could you please provide us with a model(cmo3) file for our research?

If you don't want the data to be public, please send it via DM.

[How to send a direct message]
    Click on my name, "kudo(Staff)".
    My profile screen will open. Click on [Message] in the top right corner.
    The message sending screen opens.
    Click on the icon [Attach file] and select the file.
    Click [Post Message] to send the message.
    (Please compress the file. If the file is too large to be attached, use an upload site or similar)

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.
  • Options
    @kudo(Staff) I started over with smaller textures and have been able to export it now. However if you want to have a look to see what caused the original issues that would be very valuable so I know what to avoid in the future!

I'll send the file in a DM!
  • Options
    Hi, @Scandein

Thanks for providing the model.

As a result, we believe that the painting tool used to create the model is causing the model to require a large amount of memory.
    Which painting tool did you use?

Your model may be high quality and originally large, but that is not the issue.
    It seems that during the import of the original drawing, each part contains a larger than normal margin.
    You can check this condition by selecting the parts in the Texture Atlas Editor or by viewing the contents of the original drawing in the Project Palette.

It appears that if your PC has 32 GB of memory, it can export your data.
    You may also consider reducing the number of texture atlases.

Thank you!
  • Options
    @kudo(Staff) I used Procreate to crate the model and exported it as PSD. Not sure if there is some setting in Procreate that i should look at before exporting it?
  • Options
    Hi, @Scandein
    Procreate is not our product and we cannot help you.
    We recommend using a product that is guaranteed to work.
    https://docs.live2d.com/cubism-editor-manual/precautions-for-psd-data/?locale=en_us

hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I am having this same issue today. I've restarted, uninstalled and updated, and even went through my project files and deleted unused images. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I suddenly cannot render out my moc3 file.|

Edit: Deleting a ton of stuff from my project tab seemed to have fixed it.