Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Crashing

edited September 2020 in Help
I have been constantly crashing today on version 4.0.05 - i have tried to go down to 04 to see if the latest build was causing issues but the same thing happened - I am not sure what is causing the crash as it has happened when I was manipulating different parts of the model and at different lengths from booting it up. I have a fairly decent computer that can handle things like 3D so I am unsure what the incompatibility is.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @AngieTheCat

▼ For question regarding Editor, please provide:
    - OS & Version: (e.g. Windows 10, macOS HighSierra)
    - PC Model: (e.g. MacBookPro 2017)
    - Graphics Specifications: (e.g. GeForce GTX 950M)
    - CPU: (e.g. Intel Core i7-7700)
    - Memory: (e.g. 8GB)

Best regards.
  • edited September 2020
    I figured out it was because the editor is leaking memory like crazy and crashing because it was running the system out of memory.

I am on Windows 10
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory: 16GB

My PC is custom built, and considering the specs handle 3D modeling, animation and rendering fine I can only think its a leak
  • Hello @AngieTheCat

Thank you for the reply.
    Sorry for the late reply.

The Editor may be slowing down due to a cache of backups.
    Try deleting the "Live2D" folder in this location and then running Cubism Editor to see if the problem improves.
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Live2D
    (Please copy this folder and back it up elsewhere before deleting it.)

Best regards.
  • Hello @AngieTheCat

Thank you for the reply.
    Sorry for the late reply.

The Editor may be slowing down due to a cache of backups.
    Try deleting the "Live2D" folder in this location and then running Cubism Editor to see if the problem improves.
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Live2D
    (Please copy this folder and back it up elsewhere before deleting it.)

Best regards.

Sorry for the lateness as well, but I haven't had the time to extensively use live2d again until now. Deleting that folder has not changed RAM hogging and consumption but it has stopped problems with the C drive running out of memory, which are 2 separate issues. I run a standby memory emptying script set to every 5 minutes but while I am actively using live2d this cannot keep up and doesn't really help, when I am not actively using live2d memory consumption is within acceptable limits (even if still fairly high)
  • Hello @AngieTheCat

Thank you very much for your reply.

We sincerely apologize for the repeated inconvenience this has caused.
    We have just added a new AMD machine to our fleet.
    After testing, we did find the problem similar to what you reported previously on some of our computers with AMD graphics cards.

Please deal with the problem by restarting Editor for the time being.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards.
  • Thanks for the reply, I have heard similar from other folk who have already contacted you so no pressure there, thanks for the responses and have a good day!

Find attached a cat picture for your viewing pleasure

• I am running into the same issue as AngieTheCat.
    I am using Live2d Cubism version 4.0.06
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

I've been working on my model the past few days with no issues but suddenly tonight I have had this issue of my memory usage increasing over time.
    Deleting the appdata/roaming/live2d file did not help. Loading the model from a separate drive did not help either.

Once a model is loaded, the memory usage increases even if I am not touching anything. Even something as little as moving the mouse increases the memory usage.
    However, if no model is loaded (just an empty editor) the memory usage does not increase.
    Additionally, If the editor is not in focus the memory usage does not increase.
    The memory usage increases only when a model is loaded and I am actively working in the editor.

Hope this helps
  • Flippers said:

I am running into the same issue as AngieTheCat.
    I am using Live2d Cubism version 4.0.06
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

I've been working on my model the past few days with no issues but suddenly tonight I have had this issue of my memory usage increasing over time.
    Deleting the appdata/roaming/live2d file did not help. Loading the model from a separate drive did not help either.

Once a model is loaded, the memory usage increases even if I am not touching anything. Even something as little as moving the mouse increases the memory usage.
    However, if no model is loaded (just an empty editor) the memory usage does not increase.
    Additionally, If the editor is not in focus the memory usage does not increase.
    The memory usage increases only when a model is loaded and I am actively working in the editor.

Hope this helps

I would wait until they have a patch out fixing it for AMD cards in general as mentioned already in this thread :) It has been a long suspected problem with AMD GPUs and since they have a test AMD rig now all we can do is wait for them to patch it out
  • edited November 2020
    Hello @AngieTheCat

Thank you for your reply.
    Ahhhhh!!!! What a cute cat!!!
    When I showed it to the development team staff, they were all very happy.
    Thank you very much!

@Flippers
    Thank you so much for this information.

The cats are looking out for us too, so we do our best.
    We' re in the process of revising it right now, so we don't know what will happen in the future, and the timing is undecided.
    We will do our best to make the product better.
  • JMFJMF
    edited April 2022
    Hi someone please help. ive been working on a model for 2 weeks without any issues and now all of a sudden its using up so much memeory it now wont save or export as well as after a few object warps it crashes. Im using Cubism 4.1.04 I have an asus running windows 10.
    AMD FX
    12GB RAM
    I have a log file if needed. As of now it wont load my model.

Edit- When i open the hiyori model it seems to work fine.
  • Hi, @JMF
    This is Live2D Support.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Cubism Editor has an automatic backup function, so you may want to check it out and try again.
    For more information, please refer to [Automatic Backup Feature | Live2D Manuals & Tutorials].
    https://docs.live2d.com/cubism-editor-manual/autosave/?locale=en_us

I would like to use this as a reference for development.
    Could you please tell me after what kind of operation the memory usage increased?

Best regards.