Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Character customization

edited December 2023 in Help
Hello,
I'm considering using Live2d for my next unity project.
In order to let the user customize his avatar, is it possible to dynamically swap the color of a live2d texture (for hair and eye color)?

Comments

• As in discrete values or kinda like continuous (hex values for example)?

If its discrete, you can put them in as different pieces and have them appear/disappear with a parameter that controls alpha. If its continuous, I don't know, sorry.
  • @bouklett:
    Adding to what @CBeam said, if discrete, you could also swap out the textures without preparing parameters. That's the best you can do with the current SDK...
    However, the next major version of the SDK will use Unity's MeshRenderer for doing the rendering allowing you to more freely control how you want your stuff to be rendered.
  • edited July 2016
    I just had an Eureka moment, hehe. There IS a way to make continuous values!

...It's a bit weird though lol, but if you're in a hurry to make it before the new SDK comes out, it might help you:

Make four layers, one with a Magneta version, a Yellow version, a Cyan version and a White version. The white version will be the base and always at 100%. By adjusting the alpha value of the other three versions by controlling a parameter (For example, Red_Eyes_Alpha_PARAM, which goes from 0 to 1 for alpha 0% to 100%) , you can mix the primary colors (by adjusting their transparency) to make all other colors!

I hope it helped!