Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Application Unresponsive & Crashes

I’m a new user and have been running 4.0.05 on OS X for about two weeks. Since the beginning Cubism Editor has been plagued with crashes and spinning beach balls that don’t resolve causing me to force quit. The weird part is many of these crashes happen with specific tasks but only randomly.

The following tasks cause Cubism to go permanently unresponsive about 70% of the time: Opening the texture atlas editor, changing the atlas resolution. synthesizing corners, blending a mesh. Often, the only way to get these things to work is to quit, reopen Cubism, and try again. BUT even when you do that sometimes on a fresh open it still does it.

Also, some tasks cause Cubism to slow down greatly, like setting the radius or softness of a spline.

Other than that, Cubism has been an absolute dream since discovering it! Even despite these workflow-killing bugs.

Comments

• Options
    Actually, I'm having a ton of crashes. I've now had two crashes that required me to hard shut down my mac. the most recent one was super unsettling. It caused screen shuddering, and all the items in menus to become red blocks with no text. After a few minutes the whole system was unresponsive. Seems like Live2D needs to be quit and reopened occasionally—the longer it's open the more issues that pop up. Memory leak?

Anyone else working on a Mac having serious stability issues like this?
  • Options
    To cover the bases, this is definitely not a system/hardware failure. I work professionally on my mac with a dozen other softwares and they're working fine.

Mac Pro 2013
    64 GB RAM
    OS X Mojave 10.14.6
  • Options
    Hello @LMo

Will removing all non-standard macos applications solve the Cubism Editor problem?
    There are a number of Mac applications that can negatively affect the behavior of Java applications, such as the Better Touch Tool and Magnet.

Best regards.
  • Options
    @Enoko(Staff)

Thanks for the reply! Is there a more exhaustive list I can refer to, or software that will conflict with Cubism? I have quite a few applications which I use in my daily professional work. Am I just looking for any app that is built in Java?
  • Options
    @LMo

Thank you for the reply.

Cubism Editor is a Java application.
    The applications that we are currently aware of that can adversely affect Java applications are as follows:
    -PopClip
    -BetterTouchTool
    -BetterSnapTool
    -Magnet

There may be more to this...

I would also like to see the Cubism Editor log files.
    Could you send me a log.txt file via Message?

[How to send a direct message]
    Click on my name, "enoko(staff)".
    My profile screen will open. Click on [Message] in the top right corner.
    The message sending screen opens.
    Click on the icon [Attach file] and select the file.
    Click [Post Message] to send the message.
    (Please compress the file. If the file is too large to be attached, use an upload site or similar)

Best regards.
  • Options
    Hello @LMo

I got the message.
    Thank you for sending me the log file.

Sorry, let me make one more point!
    Does the Cubism Editor still crash when I load the sample model "Haru (receptionist version)"?
    https://www.live2d.com/en/download/sample-data/

If you only have problems with the Editor when you load your original model into Cubism Editor, please DM me with your model file and PSD file.

Best regards,
    Live2D Staff
  • Options
    LMoLMo
    edited November 2020
    @Enoko(Staff) Yes, I did have the same problems with the Haru receptionist model. When trying to Synthesize corners, it immediately goes unresponsive with the spinning ball/pinwheel. Thanks for your troubleshooting!
  • Options
    @Enoko(Staff) Another thing on the list that causes Cubism editor to go unresponsive: setting the background color.
  • Options
    Hello @LMo

Thank you for the reply.
    Sorry for the late reply.

I've checked the logs and I'm concerned that you are getting a lot of these errors.

ERROR jp.noids.ui.c.f$a -1 write - Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.live2d.ui.event.l

Please check the Logs palette while operating the Cubism Editor.
    And please tell us what you did just before this error occurred.

And.
    Does the Cubism Editor have a problem with RAM usage when I have a problem with it?

Best regards.
  • Options
    LMoLMo
    edited November 2020
    @Enoko(Staff) It seems like a memory leak that causes Cubism to go unresponsive. Or at least, once it becomes responsive, it seems like a memory leak ensues. After trying to synthesize corners there was nothing in the log at all. Cubism goes completely unresponsive so nothing adds to the log. But I watched Activity Monitor as it crashed, and indeed, it starts inflating its memory usage. Cubism runs normally less than 800 MB RAM. After the crash I watched it in Activity Monitor for about 60 seconds and it was quickly increasing to over 8GB RAM usage before I killed the process.

Then I noticed that Cubism's process is always increasing in RAM. After about 10-20 minutes, it was at 7 GB. Is it a memory leak problem?

But again, most of the time, when I force quit then restart Cubism, I am able to synthesize corners again about 70% of the time. The other 30% it still goes unresponsive.

Regarding that ERROR message, I just got a ton of those while rotating a warp deformer. The ERROR started happening for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    @LMo

Thank you for the reply!

We are investigating RAM issues specific to Radeon-based computers.
    Your computer may be experiencing the same issue we're investigating.

I sent a message with a test version of the Editor that I created to address this issue.
    Does using the test version of Editor solve the issue?

Best regards.
  • Options
    @Enoko(Staff) Great news! (I sent you a message with more detail)
    That test build you sent me solved ALL of the problems I was having. Thank you for the super quick help! It even runs generally faster now as well.
  • Options
    LMoLMo
    edited November 2020
    @Enoko(Staff) Since you're addressing the Radeon GPU issue... is this quote in your manual still true, or are you on the path to fixing it?

"We do not recommend using this plug-in with AMD graphic boards (Radeon, FirePro etc)... it has been reported to have problems in use." (Link to manual page.) All Macs these days use AMD graphics cards!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hello Enoko and LMo, I'm also having the exact same issue.

I run a intel CPU + RX 5700 xt and the problem LMo is having here is exactly what is happening to me as well.

So far my record is 19gb's of ram...

Could I also be sent the test build? This is really hurting my Live2D experience T _ T
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @LMo

Thank you for your help in testing.
    You also want to see if there is an internal error, so please send us a message with your log file.

This test version of the Editor was created for testing purposes only.
    Please do not use it in important productions, because the possibility of damaging the created models is undeniable.

The issues you're experiencing with your Mac are likely to be related to the Radeon issues we're working on now.
    It will take some time, but we will do our best to move forward with the investigation.

The notes in the manual of the AE plugin remain unchanged.

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    @YukkistMe

Thank you for contacting me.

Testing of the Windows machine is not necessary because it is in time.
    Thank you very much.

It will take some time, but we will do our best to move forward with the investigation.
    Best regards!
  • Options
    @Enoko(Staff) Hello!

Glad to see a RADEON fix in the new 4.0.08 beta1 released today!! Does this contain the full fix from the test version you sent me back in November?
  • Options
    @LMo

Thank you for contacting me.
    I'm sorry for the long delay.
    4.0.08 beta1 is different from the test version that I gave you before. It has been tested with more minor modifications.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems using 4.0.08 beta1.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I've been using the RADEON build you sent me last year and it has been working great. Today I just downloaded 4.1.01 and it seems like some things have reverted that you fixed in that test build you sent me. Synthesizing corners hangs again. The app appears to remain unresponsive permanently.
  • Options
    Actually, a reboot fixed it.