Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

"Stacking" dual clipping

Hello! I am trying to figure something out, and need some help. I've been working with clipping masks recently, and don't know whether it's possible to have a particular texture clip to two layers at once, but only to the intersecting part of those layers.
Right now, I know how to make a layer clip to the sum of other layers (by inputting two IDs, separated with a comma), but I don't know if it's possible to make to clip to the overlap.

Here is an illustration of what I mean:

I thought that I could just make B clip to A, and then C clip to B, but unfortunately the clipping is not "passed along", meaning that what I get is just end up with something like this instead:

Is such a thing even possible?

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for using our product.
    sorry for inconvenience.

Cubism Editor does not support such a feature.
    Your feedback will be used for future development.

Best regards.
  • Options
    Hello, just wanted to revive this, as I have been having the same problems, and the issue hasn't been addressed, nor can I find a solution in the current 2022 build of Live2D.

I would like to suggest an "Inherit Alpha" tick-box for clipping masks, for which, a clipping mask- clipped onto another layer can be toggled to inherit the alpha of the layer it is clipping onto.

Like the previous post from 2020, the Inherit Alpha tick-box can function as to toggle between the preferred/ needed and the current clipping method.

Thanks for your time, I hope this feature is amended soon.
  • Options

I would like to suggest an "Inherit Alpha" tick-box for clipping masks, for which, a clipping mask- clipped onto another layer can be toggled to inherit the alpha of the layer it is clipping onto.

Hi again, just thought of a better way to do this. Rather than a combined function, 'Inherit Alpha' can be a separate function from clipping, of which works in the same manner: i.e; a textbox where you can paste artmeshes into, but inherits the visible alpha of the layer/s specified in the text box.