Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Live2D Modeller Import PSD Bug

edited August 2016 in Help
Importing PSD files causes duplicate layers
http://i.imgur.com/AIEWsuy.jpg
(in this image there's a hidden layer since I saved it after I did an import, it's all visible when I did the import)

http://i.imgur.com/ghmaGj7.jpg

The moment I import it, it would make multiple copies of the images and makes it extremely confusing for me. I read all your documentations and watched the videos, I'm pretty sure this wasn't supposed to happen.

Video in Action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3J1sJ-3Jo&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Options
    I also noticed it was labeling my parts wrong. For example, mouth low was renamed to nose.
  • Options
    Sorry I took my time to answer. I checked back with our in-house designers and the editor dev team.

First, as a background: Photoshop layers are currently converted into multiple drawables by specification in case the layer consists of separate 'islands', i.e. multiple opaque regions separated by transparent areas. (However, this behavior is basically not what you want so the specification is currently being reconsidered).

The PSD you're importing seems to have (almost?) transparent areas where the RGB values are not completely [0, 0, 0]. Cubism treats those areas as 'opaque' islands and splits those into multiple drawables. (That makes it appear that Cubism turned the 'nose' into 'mouth low' where in reality the second 'mouth low' was a not completely cleared area in the PSD layer that Cubism treated as an island. That's why you also seem to end up with huge bounding boxes in the texture atlas).

Therefore, could you please check whether all pixels that should be transparent are completely wiped out in Photoshop, i.e. RGBA = [0, 0, 0, 0]? Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Therefore, could you please check whether all pixels that should be transparent are completely wiped out in Photoshop, i.e. RGBA = [0, 0, 0, 0]? Thank you in advance!

Yes I did a re-optimization and wiped out all transparent objects since I was wondering about that. However it still has a bug that if you have enough parts it will start labeling objects wrong. Nose and mouth don't share the same layer.