Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

License Activation Error due to tampering with system clock settings

Earlier today I changed my systems clock settings briefly to test how those settings worked. I didn't realize how this would lock me out of my software and prevent me from working!

After syncing my system's clock to automatically update I am still locked out of my license and cannot use the software

I have tried opening older version of the software, reinstalling, restarting, basic troubleshooting steps and am still unable to work inside the software
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    for some additional context, the clock on my system was changed to February 14th for a few seconds before changing it back to the correct date.

my license also doesn't expire until mid-2025
  • Options
    I did some more testing to see if there was a way to possibly fix this issue and ran into this while scrubbing. after jumping back forward in time I'm able to use the offline version for the time being. however when i tried changing the date back to the current time while having live2d open to run the online authentication gave a similar error message ending in (1,-40)

I believe this may be a server-side issue where my license is permanently bound to february 14th (now 15th) since that is the last time the license was authenticated online.

There should be a way in the future to deactivate a license remotely on the live2d site and also a way to prevent the license from overwriting the date to a future, non-existent time on the servers.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    @indigo_cho

Thank you for always using our products.
    We sincerely apologize for the late reply. Sorry to keep you waiting.

https://www.live2d.jp/eng/contact/?redirect=1
    If you have any questions regarding licensing, please use the inquiry form.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but please contact us by email.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 5

@indigo_cho

Thank you for always using our products.
    We sincerely apologize for the late reply. Sorry to keep you waiting.

https://www.live2d.jp/eng/contact/?redirect=1
    If you have any questions regarding licensing, please use the inquiry form.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but please contact us by email.

Thank you.

The issue I was having has been resolved in a ticket back on the 31st of January. It would be very nice to have a measure to prevent this issue from happening to others in the future