Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Source Image Files and Eye Question

Hello! I am quite new to the Live2D Scene, and I truly appreciate any help you may be able to provide on these issues I'm having. I purchased an original data model from Booth, and I am attempting to make some edits to the model.

The first issue I'm having, the original texture/part names are all Japanese. To make it easier for myself, I translated all of the layer names within Photoshop to English. I know that the names need to match exactly to the original Source Image File. My question, is it possible to rename those folders (layers) located within the Source Image? I know I can rename the actual textures, however changing the folder's names I am not sure how to do, or if it is even possible.

The second question I was wondering if someone may be able to help with. I would like for my model to have 2 different color irises. The photoshop file and the source image both have two textures for eyes. The issue, for me at least, is that the Model Image for the right eye. It's artmesh encompasses both the right eye and left eye, I'm assuming it is mirroring the texture? Is there anyway to, I guess, unlink these, so as to have two different color eyes? If I attempt to set as Input for Model Images, both irises just disappear.

If this helps, here is a screenshot of the way that the eyes have been rigged.

I really appreciate your time, and I hope everyone has a fantastic day <3

Best Answer

• Options
    @Heshillion

Thank you for always using our products.

I will answer your first question.
    There is currently no function to change the name of the original image folder.
    We received this as a request from a user.
    I will use it as a reference for future development.

(The second question concerns production know-how, so we will refrain from answering from official staff.)

Answers

• Options

@Heshillion

Thank you for always using our products.

I will answer your first question.
    There is currently no function to change the name of the original image folder.
    We received this as a request from a user.
    I will use it as a reference for future development.

(The second question concerns production know-how, so we will refrain from answering from official staff.)

@Enoko(Staff)
    Thank you very much!

In regards to the second question, I ended up delving into production myself, and figured out how to do what I was looking to do.

For anyone that may need help with the same issue:

It's not too difficult of a task, I needed to firstly create a model image from the right eye in the PSD Source file, create the artmesh for the eye, then link the eye to the appropriate deformer.