Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Quality of Temporary Snapshots, Settings for Random poses and Bitrate. Also feature requests.

Hello.

1. Is it just me or is there no difference in the quality of temporary snapshots with a resolution from 1/1 to 1/4?
Do you see a difference when you change it? Personally, I don't see it.
I tried different versions (5.0 and 4.2.04), tried to save and restart the Editor, doesn't help. I also tried projects with different model sizes and texture atlas resolutions.

A little joke about this:
Live2D developers are like: "Let's make "Temporary snapshot quality settings" for users, but we won't do the functionality, no one will notice anyway!" :D

2. First, I'll describe what you can do to reproduce the problem:
- Create/open a model that uses a basic list of parameters.
- Duplicate Angle X and Angle Y. Or Eye Smile, for example.
- Use the "Select" and "Change" functions to move the finished rig from the original parameters to the duplicated ones.
- Delete original Angle X and Angle Y.
- Rename Parameter IDs of the duplicated parameters as if they were originals.
- Don't ask me why I want to use duplicated parameters. :D
- Press "Play" Random pose.
Now you will see that the duplicated parameters, even if they ticked in the Random pose settings don't work, don't move. This is not expected behavior. If I use duplicated parameters, I still want them to move while playing the Random pose.

3. My friend told me that Live2D can't export video with exact specified by user bitrate. Is this a bug or does Live2D have some limitations? Here are results for the same video with the different bitrate:

4. Please add the ability to edit the behavior of the slider in the Random pose settings.
For example:
- Breathing
- Blinking
- Random
- Infinite forward = to the right (for parameters with Repeat function)
- Infinite backward = to the left
Maybe... something else?

5. Please add the ability to copy-paste only parameters from one project to another. Sometimes you want to use ready-made solution, but you can't. In this situation, you have to copy parameters with keyed objects.

6. Please add the ability to remove an elements from Recent Files.

Answers

• @CAMA

Thank you for always using our products.

[1]
    First, let me explain that "snapshots" and "temporary snapshots" are two different and separate functions, and that the image quality settings are intended for "temporary snapshots".

Temporary snapshots can be used by setting a shortcut key of your choice.
    This is not set by default.

This video shows that the image quality settings are enabled.

We apologize for the lack of explanation in the manual.

[2]
    The problem is not reproduced in our environment.
    Could you please take a capture video so that we can see all the steps so that we can better understand how the problem is occurring?

[3]
    It is the current specification that the bit rate is not as specified.
    The specified value is only a guideline, and may be different from the actual value depending on the actual export content.
    We will consider improvements in the future.

[4]
    Sorry, I did not quite understand your request. Please provide more details, preferably with images and other explanations.

[5]
    Are you saying that you don't want to copy and paste the object associated with the parameter?
    Can't you solve this by duplicating the parameter and then pasting the duplicate into another model?

[6]
    Received as a request.

thank you very much!
  • edited April 2023
    First, let me explain that "snapshots" and "temporary snapshots" are two different and separate functions, and that the image quality settings are intended for "temporary snapshots".
    We apologize for the lack of explanation in the manual.
    Now I see! It would be great to have an updated manual page and the ability to change the quality of usual snapshot too.
    The problem is not reproduced in our environment.
    Could you please take a capture video so that we can see all the steps so that we can better understand how the problem is occurring?
    Yeah, here it is: https://youtu.be/8SpQL-ffP24
    It is the current specification that the bit rate is not as specified.
    We will consider improvements in the future.
    Okay, thanks and good luck.
    Sorry, I did not quite understand your request. Please provide more details, preferably with images and other explanations.
    I'll try to explain first.
    Now we can only setup the slider movement for Eye Blinking and Lip-sync.
    Eye Blinking is a quick movement of the slider from 1 to 0 and back.
    Lip-sync creates a random slider movement with the illusion of talking.
    By default, Breath slowly constantly goes from 0 to 1 and back.
    And my request is to allow the user to choose the type of slider movement for Random Pose from more options.
    For example:

Exemplary behaviors of the slider have been mentioned above.
    Are you saying that you don't want to copy and paste the object associated with the parameter?
    Right. Only the parameter(s).
    Here is the video explanation: https://youtu.be/yYbsvipelRs
    Can't you solve this by duplicating the parameter and then pasting the duplicate into another model?
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

• @CAMA

Thank you very much for your reply.

[1] [4]
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    I now understand.
    I have received each of them as user's request.

[2]
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    It seems that the problem only occurred with the sample model "Hiyori".
    It probably does not occur with other models.
    It is currently unclear whether the problem lies with the sample model "Hiyori" or the editor, but we will investigate further.

[5]
    My apologies, I misunderstood.
    The specification was that parameters without keys could not be copy-pasted.
    We have received this as a request.

Thank you very much!
  • Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    It seems that the problem only occurred with the sample model "Hiyori".
    It probably does not occur with other models.
    It is currently unclear whether the problem lies with the sample model "Hiyori" or the editor, but we will investigate further.
    Please watch this video too: https://youtu.be/yZ9-Efa0oPI
    You will see that the problem is not only in one model. For me, this happens often. Not only with duplicated parameters, but also newly created ones.

Thanks a lot for the great support. Much appreciated, you and the team are doing a great job. <3
  • @CAMA

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your detailed explanation, even preparing a video.
    I will refer to it.

We look forward to your continued patronage of our products.