Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Process breakdown into simple English/Approach for an icosahedron?

I'm afraid this might not be appropriately categorized under discussion so I wanted to place this here as well to make sure I'm not breaking forum rules/etiquette.

I was following this process tutorial for pseudo 3D objects such as coins/spheres/cubes in Live2D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SoSR22sA-c

However at 8:41 the explanation becomes very muddled and I have no idea what they're trying to say. Part of this can be attributed to the user not being a primary English-speaker. While they have annotations on for their keystrokes, it becomes unclear still what they're entering into the program and where. Additionally their process of group draw order makes sense in the fundamentals, but how they're applying it is also presented in a very complex way that I feel could be explained much more clearly. ie some things are explained with that "what" but not so much as the "why". I chose to use this technique with hopes of developing it for all primitive polyhedrons, most importantly an icosahedron, but if I can't even understand their process for a cube, I'm a bit at a loss. I'd very much like to have a fully rotatable 20 sided die made, but I'll need some help translating the step by step process into a clearer format.