Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Extended Interpolation and Linking on Blend Shapes

While blend shapes have helped with various workflows, I think that their ability and usefulness is limited currently.

1) Being able to use extended interpolation on blend shapes would increase their usability, especially for hair physics. Currently it is only helpful for basic X or Y movement, but not curved movement. In the recently released example model ( the hair is keyed on Angle XY and utilizes a blend shape for basic X physic movement, however I would prefer to be able to do more detailed rotational movement for the end strands. With the current functionality, doing rotation-like movement (like having the hair curl left and right) looks odd due to the lack of extended interpolation.

2) I would like to be able to link blend shapes together in the parameter window. You are able to link them together in the physics window already, so you should be able to do so in the parameter window as well. Without being able to link them, it is hard to confirm the movement of the two blendshapes together while editing.

Comments

• Options
    @cillia

Thank you for your continued use of our product.

1)
    Thank you for your valuable input.
    We have shared your request with our development team.

2)
    We apologize, we did not fully understand your request.
    What is the state of being "linked"?
    It would be great if you could explain in detail with illustrations and diagrams.

Best regards!
  • Options
    edited June 2022

@cillia

Thank you for your continued use of our product.

1)
    Thank you for your valuable input.

2)
    We apologize, we did not fully understand your request.
    What is the state of being "linked"?
    It would be great if you could explain in detail with illustrations and diagrams.

Best regards!

Thank you!

For the meaning of "linked", I mean being able to move 2 parameters around together.

As you can see in the image above, I can link normal parameters together, but not Blend Shapes.

However, in the Physics window, you are able to link Blend Shape parameters, like so:

I would like to be able to link the Blend Shape parameters in the normal editor window as well.
  • Options
    I would like to add to this conversation! I worked in 3D a fair bit, and only one blend shape can be worked on at a time there, so I understand there might be issues with the editor and having keys linked together

In the editor maybe it could look something like this

Since the corners can't be edited they could be darkened, and Live2D would need to detect based on the selected key which blend shape should have edits saved.

When connected, maybe it can ignore the blend shape that is at 0, so the edits only apply to the +1/-1 blendshape.

So here it would detect as editing Blendshape Y, and it would ignore the corners
  • Options
    @TheArtGun

Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for explaining in detail.
    We understand your request very well.

Your feedback will be taken into consideration for future development.

Thank you!