Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

[BUG] Auto backup setting bugged?

Hi,
I set my auto backup limit (from File > Auto backup settings) to 2000 MB from default 500 MB

Now not only the backup size warning display this (the number goes negative)

But I also realized that my backup folder went to 40 GB! The 2 GB limit wasn't working whatsoever
Is there a bug in the setting?

I am using Live2D 4.2 on latest Windows 10.

Comments

• @Ran_TH

Thank you for your continued use of our product.

The problem occurs when the backup folder contains a file that is larger than 2.14 GB in size.
    Try deleting files larger than 2.14 GB in size and see if that solves the problem.
    It is sufficient to delete only files larger than 2.14 GB in size. Files smaller than that do not need to be deleted.

Best regards.
  • @Enoko(Staff)
    Thank you for your response. My Auto Backup folder doesn't have 2.14 GB file in size, however my single project file is 215 MB.

Can you clarify what does "Auto Backup Size (in MB)" in this setting dialogue means? Because I thought it's setting the limit of auto backup folder, like if exceeds 2 GB then it will delete the old files so the folder stays below 2 GB.

• @Ran_TH

Thank you for your reply.

Our apologies!
    We had told you the wrong thing.

The problem is that if the contents of the automatic backup folder total more than 2.14 GB, the calculation will be incorrect.
    Setting the size of the automatic backup folder to 1.99 GB or less will prevent problems from occurring.
    (It is also recommended that the backup folder be set to about 1.5 GB in size in order to have enough space in the backup folder for the open files you are working on.)

Best regards!
  • Thank you for letting me know. Perhaps I would request an improvement in future update to allow more than 1.99 GB limit of auto backup directory, because to my knowledge I did not see any mention of this limit anywhere.
  • @Ran_TH

Thank you for your continued use of our product.
    This bug has been fixed in the recently released version 4.2.01 beta1, and we hope you will check it out.
    (The maximum backup capacity is 8000 MB)
    Thank you very much for reporting this issue.
    We look forward to your continued support of Cubism Editor.