Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Live 2D Editor not opening

edited June 2022 in Help
I have been using Live 2D on my Windows PC for 6 months and had no issue with it until recently, I got a Macbook Pro. I updated my Macbook from macOS Catalina to macOS Monterey 12.4. I opened the Live 2D Editor and the startup screen is shown but the application is unresponsive. I've tried quitting the application many times, restarting my computer and even re-installing the application many times but none of them worked. I've tried to find loop arounds but I couldn't. Hope this issue will be fixed.

My Specs:

Live 2D Software Version: Cubisms Editor 4.0.01
OS & Version: macOS Monterey 12.4
PC Model: Macbook Pro (2017)
Graphics Specifications: Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
CPU: 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Illustration Software Used: IbisPaint X

Images of issue:

Comments

• Options
    Hello, @Nirakshaa
    Thank you for your contact.

Did that problem not occur before you updated the OS?

We believe the problem is on the macOS side as we previously reported.
    We strongly recommend that you downgrade macOS.

Deleting configuration files and restoring the mac's standard fonts may resolve the problem.
    Could you please try it?
    ・Please delete the following configuration folder and check the behavior of the Editor.
    /Users/[User name]/Library/Live2D/Cubism4_Editor/

Also, could you please restore the mac's standard fonts by referring to the following.
    ※If you have added fonts, you will need to add them again after checking Editor.
    https://help.live2d.com/en/cubismeditor/cubism-editor-ui-texts-are-garbled/

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi, I never downloaded the Live2D Editor on previous versions of macOS as I had a windows PC before this. The problem never occurred on the Windows PC. I returned back to the original fonts on my computer and the same issue occurred. After seeing the issue reoccurring I deleted the application and reinstalled it and the same issue occurred
  • Options
    Hi, @Nirakshaa

Thank you for your investigation.

We have received reports from others that the problem is caused by the macOS upgrade, and we believe it is an effect on the macOS side.

We recommend using a Windows PC.
    Alternatively, a downgrade of macOS may be a good idea.

I have also contacted your DM to see if we can work around the issue.
    Could you please check with us?

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.