Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

How to make fade effect for live2D model in Unity?

The SDK version is Cubism Four SDK for Unity R3;The Unity version is 2019.4.2f1;The render pipline is URP;
Thanks for reading:)

My game using live2d as NPC on dialogue, I want to make some effect for them(e.g Fade in when NPC appear, fade out when NPC leaving)
It is simple to make fade effect for live2d if I using RenderTexture to show live2d. You know, just controlling alpha of the rawImage. But using RenderTexture is kind of expensive on mobile, especially there are 3 or more live2d in the scene.

So I am trying to modify the opacity of live2d model directly. But the performace does not good.

I suggest the problem is caused by alpha blend. So how should I solve this problem, it is really important for my dialogue performace.
Tagged: