Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Users,

Now, we are seeking users who can give us a hand with expertise to evolve our software more dynamically.
If you are willing to help us, we’d like you to make a registration for “Live2D Creators Circle” via the link below.
Designers, programmers, translators are especially welcomed so far.
(More detailed explanation will be given to you before we ask you to do tasks)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G5KK_GL3ozwPXtTHrpi_ktbsI8UZf8jlYRSlDworyBo/viewform?usp=send_form

Shadows of Live2D Model - Unity

edited February 2016 in Help
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way of getting a shadow projection for a Live2D model in Unity. Ej: a Live2D canvas and a plane behind that receive the shadow of the model (its shape).

I have tried using differents types of shaders without success. Not sure if exists a simple way.

A possible solution could be get the pixels data after live2d.draw() of the associated GameObject call and then paste those pixels to a transparent texture. After that, change the texture color to "black" and use that textue on a plane placed as shadow would be.

I don´t know if that could be a possible solution. Nevertheless, I don´t know how to get pixels data after a draw() call or exactly how to do all operation.

Does anyone know how to implement this functionality? Or any help?

Thanks
Regards
Tagged:

Comments