Please limit one question/topic per post.
Please provide the following details depending on types of question
▼ For question regarding Editor, please provide:
- Live2D Software Version: (e.g. Cubism Editor 3.1.02, Euclid Editor 1.2.02)
- OS & Version: (e.g. Windows 10, macOS HighSierra)
- PC Model: (e.g. MacBookPro 2017)
- Graphics Specifications: (e.g. GeForce GTX 950M)
- Memory: (e.g. 8GB)
- Illustration Software used: (e.g. Photoshop, ClipStudio, SAI)
- Attach screenshot or capture video to show your problem:
▼ For question regarding SDK, please provide:
- For us to reproduce the issue you wish to inquire about, please provide either a minimum project file which has the issue. or specific instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
- Types and version of Cubism SDK you are using.
▼ For question regarding Cubism Software License,
For issues related to purchasing, your order, license key, and subscription, please contact us via contact form:
Re-implementing CubismNativeFramework, is it allowed?
Hello, I'd like to ask question about Cubism 3 SDK for Native.
I'd like to use Cusibm 3 SDK for Native to render Cubism 3 models using LÖVE
framework in conjunction with Lua (LuaJIT)
language. Due to performance reasons, creating Lua C binding of Cubism Core using Lua C API
is not allowed, but using LuaJIT FFI (Foreign Function Interface)
to load Cubism Core DLL/shared object is okay and in my case, that's preferred way to use external code that is in DLL/shared object. However this means I have to rewrite CubismNativeFramework
to Lua because using Lua C API to bind all the CubismNativeFramework would took long time and it's not allowed in the first place due to performance reasons.
My question is: Am I allowed to rewrite CubismNativeFramework to Lua? And once it's done, am I allowed to open-source my rewrite of CubismNativeFramework?