Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please limit one question/topic per post.
Please provide the following details depending on types of question

▼ For question regarding Editor, please provide:
- Live2D Software Version: (e.g. Cubism Editor 3.1.02, Euclid Editor 1.2.02)
- OS & Version: (e.g. Windows 10, macOS HighSierra)
- PC Model: (e.g. MacBookPro 2017)
- Graphics Specifications: (e.g. GeForce GTX 950M)
- Memory: (e.g. 8GB)
- Illustration Software used: (e.g. Photoshop, ClipStudio, SAI)
- Attach screenshot or capture video to show your problem:
---------------------------
▼ For question regarding SDK, please provide:
- For us to reproduce the issue you wish to inquire about, please provide either a minimum project file which has the issue. or specific instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
- Types and version of Cubism SDK you are using.
---------------------------
▼ For question regarding Cubism Software License,
For issues related to purchasing, your order, license key, and subscription, please contact us via contact form:
https://www.live2d.com/en/contact/contact_form

Some body parts missing in Unity 5.5

When I put a Live2D model in Unity 5.5 using SDK 2.1, I noticed that some body parts of my model is missing.
Take a look at attached screenshot, notice her missing left eye:

I also found this also happen to some other Live2D models, This one is even more sad:

Not all model are affected by this issue, although I wonder what causing this? I never had this problem when I'm working with Unity 4..

Comments

• So I tested on Unity 4 and I see that the model has no issues...so I suppose SDK 2.1 on Unity 5 is being a bit problematic here. Can you confirm, @dai[email protected] @andi[email protected] ?
  • Well I think I figured out why.

This will only happen with duplicates of body parts,e.g. you duplicate left eye and reflect it to make the right eye, which is a common time-saving practice. But somehow the SDK doesn't like it.

It's worth noting this bug will only appear in Unity 5. Unity 4 does not have this issue, so if you are developing with SDK on Unity 5 keep in mind to not making duplicates of body parts while making your models or stick with Unity 4 until they update the SDK.
  • After two months I finally able to fix this issue thanks to Takasaka-san from Live2D!

All you have to do is to edit Live2D.shader file on /resources/shader/merged folder and look for line contains
    Cull [_cull]
    then replace it to
    Cull Off
    And now the model should show up properly!

Apparently there's a change on how Culling works on Unity 5, and this simple shader edit fixes the issue. Hope it helps for anyone out there.