Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

CPU spiking repeatedly in Physics window in 5.0

edited November 2023 in Help
From Live2D 5.0 and onwards, I have been encountering CPU spiking in the physics window. These spikes cause very visible slowdowns each time they occur, and they seem to get worse/more noticeable the heavier the model (for example models with lots of physics or a large amount of layers). This was also the case before 5.0, but the level of severity has increased. The spikes/slowdowns were way less noticeable and not much of a problem in 4.2 and earlier.
This CPU reading is taken while I'm constantly moving the model left and right in the physics window.

Here is a video recording of what it looks like when the CPU spikes happen:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBst54crzrjB0CBkPspQxnJig1wtY6Lf/view?usp=sharing

I have tested in 5.0.03 beta1 and this behavior is still occurring.

Here is a recorded example, using the Mao (pro version) free model provided by Live2D. I copied and pasted the model parts once as to match a more average model bloat size.
(please skip to around 0:20 for example)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTT3hRx98LKzf5JyAfAcqVJc3XHB4Dl-/view?usp=sharing

Computer Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
2x 32-bit G.Skill DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
1 monitor is 1440p 144hz, 2nd monitor is 1080 144hz, 3rd monitor is 1080 60hz.

Comments