Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Questions about the Viewer

Hi, I find that the Viewer is able to 'combine' Expression files and Motions files together. For example, in viewer I can set the character to be Happy + Idle, or Angry + Idle. Is this function only unique to Viewer? Will I also be able to do this in Unity (with SDK)?

And instead of using Viewer to do the character expressions, can I also use Animator? After I use Animator to do the expression, will I be able to 'combine' the expression files (done by Animator) and motion files to see the effect in Viewer, like what I mentioned above?

Comments

• @riverblade
    (.. ) in viewer I can set the character to be Happy + Idle, or Angry + Idle. Is this function only unique to Viewer? Will I also be able to do this in Unity (with SDK)?
    Yes, that's also possible to do in Unity. You have to make sure that expressions and motions don't affect the same parameters.
    And instead of using Viewer to do the character expressions, can I also use Animator? After I use Animator to do the expression, will I be able to 'combine' the expression files (done by Animator) and motion files to see the effect in Viewer, like what I mentioned above?
    Yes. You can also save a 'combined' motion in the viewer and open that motion with the animator - although you will end up with tons and tons of keyframes...
  • Thanks for your reply. Is it better & easier to use Viewer to create character expressions instead of using the Animator?

• It seems that most of the designers here create expressions in the animator, export them as motions from the animator, import them into the viewer, and export them as expressions from the viewer.
    However, creating expressions inside the viewer should be more straightforward.