Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Improvements for Search and Replace window

1. Double clicking the row should automatically select the corresponding part/mesh in the canvas. This will help checking correct part easier
2. Checkboxes in "Select in Canvas" serves no purpose, it should be a regular button instead. Also you should give it different labels (eg. "Pick selection by Name" or "Pick selection by ID"). Having two similar named label is confusing, and just one of few examples of bad UX in Live2D.

Comments

• @Ran_TH

Thank you for your continued use of our product.

We have shared this with our development team as a user request.
    We will use it as a reference for future development.

I think it is confusing because of the multiple issues of specifications (not preferred) and glitches.
    I will explain in detail.
    Due to a translation problem in the name, "Select in Canvas" is listed twice in a row, but they are different functions.
    Left: "Select an object on the canvas. The item will then be highlighted in the Find and Replace dialog."
    Right: "Select an object in the Find and Replace dialog. It will then be highlighted on the canvas."

In addition, there are quirks in the left function.
    After selecting an object in the canvas, you must click once anywhere in the Find and Replace dialog to update the highlight state in the Find and Replace dialog.

We are aware of these issues and are considering how to address them in the future.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but please keep the above points in mind.

Thank you.
  • Thank you for your explanation. I have tried your procedure and I can see the correct purpose now, albeit now I see it just becomes even more confusing.
    Again I don't see how it should be a checkbox (normally checkbox is a toggle for ON/OFF), but those checkboxes act like a single button instead.

My suggestion, double clicking the Name/ID row should automatically select the part in canvas, so that the eliminates the need for "right side" select in canvas button.

For the "left side" select in canvas, would be more convenient if clicking parts in canvas would automatically select the row in the table. For this you can make it as a function you can turn ON/OFF with a checkbox. Label it like "Automatically select items in table".

I hope it's understandable enough. I use Search and Replace function a lot and it's quite under utilized now since it's quirky to use.
  • @Ran_TH

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Thank you for your detailed explanation.
    I understand it very well now.
    I have shared everything with our development team.
    We will use it as a reference for future development.

Thank you very much.