Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Future "Repeat parameter" SDK support

In recent stable version there's a warning about "Repeat parameter" function may not behave correctly in SDK.
Even in latest beta Repeat checkbox are gone in Create New Parameter dialog.
I found Repeat parameter is useful for making looping animations and I used that a lot without actual issues, unless I'm missing something.
Are you actually planned to remove Repeat parameter SDK support in the future?

Also a bit of feedback for latest beta, having Repeat checkbox available in Edit Parameter but not in Create New Parameter is confusing. I don't understand design decision behind it, if you really don't want us to use Repeat in SDK at least keep the checkbox available but disabled.

Comments

• Options
    @Ran_TH

Thank you for your continued use of our product.

>Are you actually planned to remove Repeat parameter SDK support in the future?

The premise is that the repeat function is "deprecated" for use in the SDK, and we do not provide support for defects if they occur.
    It may stop working if there is a bug in the repeat function or if an alternative new function is implemented, but no specific schedule for this has been determined.

>A bit of feedback for latest beta

Sorry for the confusion caused by the specification changes in 4.2.04 beta1.
    The removal of the repeat function item from the Create New Parameter dialog was a correction made to address a parameter-related bug.
    It is not our intention to prevent you from using the repeat function in the SDK.

Thank you!
  • Options
    It may stop working if there is a bug in the repeat function or if an alternative new function is implemented, but no specific schedule for this has been determined.

I understand there are some shortcomings from Repeat function in SDK (or so I told, because it relates to how parameter values is handled).
    I hope you can find a way to keep it supported in the SDK. I believe Repeat parameter is one of widely used function (at least I used it a lot for my animation work), having it gone with no alternative will potentially break people workflow.
  • Options
    @Ran_TH

Thank you very much for your reply.

We have shared your request with our development team.
    Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.