Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Keyformable Glue Weighting

Right now you can put keyforms on a glue, however at the moment it's only limited to affect Glue's compatibility.
Would be nice if we can modify glue weighting based on which keyform it's on. This will increase the flexibility of Glue tool immensely. Has this been considered before? Would love to see it in future updates.

Comments

• Hello, @Ran_TH .
    Thank you for your contact.
    This is Live2D Support.

I have shared this request with the developers.
    We will use this as a reference for future development.

Thank you very much!
    Live2D Support
  • I know this is an old post, but I think this feature will be very useful! Glue right now isn’t as flexible as I’d like it to be, and it’s sometimes difficult to make glued meshes look nice at certain keyforms where keying the glue compatibility isn’t an option.
  • edited July 2022
    I came to the forum today to request the same thing and saw this post!
    Being able to save the glue weight strengths as keys could open a whole new world of possibilities!

The same way each vertices' position is saved for meshes, the glue "object" could save the amount of glue on each vertex, then when the glue has keys, the glue value on each vertex could can change

A use case for this would be opening zippers, glue could be used a lot more cleanly than the current methods that require a lot of keyframes! The glue could smoothly move the zipped up mesh to the open mesh with little errors

A big use would also be for gluing occlusion meshes!

I'll include a link to a current setup that works, but is a bit imprecise and needs multiple glues to achieve, with keyed glue strength, this type of system could be achieved in a much simpler way, making animating the "depth" of objects that wrap around a body much easier!

https://twitter.com/Amase_Oruko/status/1545770707434754048?s=20&t=Rpxj0w4DlfTkFb7s7KXmNQ