Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Problem When Using Multiple Monitor

i have encountered a problem that occurs from version 4.1.03 onward that causes a malfunction which i personally consider making the newer version unusable. the glitch is triggered by stretching the apps into 2 screen, which causes the part of the apps window that is on the 2nd monitor to not render and or frozen like in this picture

it is barely operable as the parameter can still actually be moved albeit at a sluggish rate. hovering over the parameter also causes error report to appear on the log. i have included the error log in this post.

using the application on 1 screen seems to be fine as i can use it normally when its in the 2nd screen but as soon as it goes over the other screen it starts to bug. this problem does not appear in version 4.1.01 even though theres also a minor problem using 2 monitor on that version which mostly manifest in the difficulty of changing parameter position and assigning deformation. however that version is still useable because it still works, it no longer function now.

until this problem is solved i'm stuck using version 4.1.01 so i'd appreciate it if it can be resolved on the next update or if theres anything i can do on my PC to solve this problem

heres my PC Specification
PC Model : Lenovo Legion 5 Pro
Graphic card : Geforce RTX 3060
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Memory : 32GB
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hello, @D_H
    Thank you for your contact.
    This is Live2D Support.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

・Please delete the following configuration folder and check the behavior of the Editor.
    【Windows】
    C:\Users\{User name}\AppData\Roaming\Live2D\Cubism4_Editor\

・Does this also happen with the latest version (4.1.04) of Editor?
    ・Could you please tell me the resolution of the two monitors?

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I can reproduce this visual error on my PC.
    I have a 4K monitor as my main and 1080p for the second one.
    When the Live2D window expands to other monitor, it seems that Editor window on the other monitor is not "refreshing" the display as it will stays black unless I move my mouse around the panel. I'm still able to interact with the panel, clicking on buttons, etc, but non-interactable element like the canvas or panel borders stay black.

I haven't tried to delete the configuration folder, but I will try it later.
  • Options
    D_HD_H
    edited January 2022
    Hello, thank you for the replies.
    i have tried deleting the mentioned configuration folder and the problem still persist. i have also found out that version 4.1.01 also show the same error on the log when stretched on multiple monitor but that does not have a noticeable effect on the performance so it might be a different problem.

the version i am using to test this is the latest version (4.1.04)

the resolution on my monitor is 2560x1600 while my 2nd monitor is 1920x1080. i have not tried replicating the problem on the monitor with same resolution because i did not have it.
  • Options
    @D_H
    Thank you for sharing this information.

Please check the behavior by setting the magnification ratio of each monitor to 100%.

We appreciate your cooperation
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Changing the scaling setting of both monitor to the same ratio (does not have to be 100%) seems to fix the freeze.

Thank you for the amazing support, i can now use the latest version of Live2D.