Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/11/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha2 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha2.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Questions on Character Idle Motion & Hit Area Response

edited February 2016 in Help
Hi, I'm a newbie. I've got some questions to ask:

1) To loop or arrange sequence of idle motions (mtn files) of my Live2d character, can I just do it using Live2d Editor? Or do I need to use another software like Unity?

2) Can Live2d Viewer be used to see hit area response? When I touch parts of the character’s body on the Live2d Viewer, I can get a response from the character?

3) Can I set/ edit hit area + response using Live2d editor? Or do I need to use another software like Unity? To link motion file mtn to the hit areas on my character, is coding/ programming knowledge needed?

Please let me know. Thank you!! :smile:

Comments

• Options
    @riverblade

1) If you want to dynamically switch between different idle motions, which I think you are aiming for, you'd need to use the Cubism SDK. If you want to create a long animation where you're character switches from one idle motion to another, you could create the animation within the editor.

2) Unfortunately, you can only preview hit areas in the viewer (see the screenshot below). Having your model react to touches would require the use of the SDK.

3) To "link" motion files to hit areas, you'd also need to use the SDK.

So basically for all three things you'd need to use the SDK. However, you do not necessarily have to stick with the SDK for Unity. Depending on what you want to achieve, Javascript might also be an option.