Please limit one question/topic per post.
Please provide the following details depending on types of question
▼ For question regarding Editor, please provide:
- Live2D Software Version: (e.g. Cubism Editor 3.1.02, Euclid Editor 1.2.02)
- OS & Version: (e.g. Windows 10, macOS HighSierra)
- PC Model: (e.g. MacBookPro 2017)
- Graphics Specifications: (e.g. GeForce GTX 950M)
- Memory: (e.g. 8GB)
- Illustration Software used: (e.g. Photoshop, ClipStudio, SAI)
- Attach screenshot or capture video to show your problem:
▼ For question regarding SDK, please provide:
- For us to reproduce the issue you wish to inquire about, please provide either a minimum project file which has the issue. or specific instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
- Types and version of Cubism SDK you are using.
▼ For question regarding Cubism Software License,
For issues related to purchasing, your order, license key, and subscription, please contact us via contact form:
Live2D Pricing for one-time-purchases vs. subscriptions
Hi, I'm an independent solo game developer. This means that I do EVERYTHING when I make a game in Unity.
That means I do:
- 3D Modelling
- uv mapping
- tech support
Since I'm just one person, it means that I don't use ALL of the related programs simultaneously. I may use a different program at different times during the day on different days.
I have a problem with subscription payment systems because the best way to make use of a subscription is if you use the software programs all month long, and I would feel obligated to use them all the time because time that is not spent with that program running is lost value.
This would not be a problem if I was running in a team-based operation where I would have a dedicated animator who was running Live2D programs all the time.
But for someone who makes video games in his spare time, and only has a small amount of that time to spend working with Live2D, a subscription plan is very poor value.
As a result, I tend to avoid using programs that rely on subscriptions, and instead only use programs that offer one-time payment plans because it allows me to decide where and when I want to use them, and when I need to upgrade them.