Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](4/25/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha3 is now available!

We have incorporated some of your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your comments and requests!
We will continue to welcome your feedback on alpha3.

Download/ Manual and Update History
Options

Live2D Pricing for one-time-purchases vs. subscriptions

Hi, I'm an independent solo game developer. This means that I do EVERYTHING when I make a game in Unity.

That means I do:
  • programming
  • design
  • drawing
  • animation
  • 3D Modelling
  • uv mapping
  • texturing
  • sound
  • music
  • tech support
Since I'm just one person, it means that I don't use ALL of the related programs simultaneously. I may use a different program at different times during the day on different days.

I have a problem with subscription payment systems because the best way to make use of a subscription is if you use the software programs all month long, and I would feel obligated to use them all the time because time that is not spent with that program running is lost value.

This would not be a problem if I was running in a team-based operation where I would have a dedicated animator who was running Live2D programs all the time.

But for someone who makes video games in his spare time, and only has a small amount of that time to spend working with Live2D, a subscription plan is very poor value.

As a result, I tend to avoid using programs that rely on subscriptions, and instead only use programs that offer one-time payment plans because it allows me to decide where and when I want to use them, and when I need to upgrade them.