Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Visual discrepancy in 0.0 and -0.0 parameter keyform

Since the release of version 3.0 I have noticed in parameters range of -1 and 1 you can set a key in value of "-0.0"
Which is kind of redundant really, I meant how come you can come up with a negative zero?

Turns out when I compared it to old v2.1 editor, it was actually -0.01. In new v3 editor the value is rounded up by one decimal. I wonder why it's changed.

Now here comes the problem. In general everyday usage, user can mistakenly set a keyform to -0.0 value while working with linked parameters. Now the user may not aware that they are setting to a -0.0 keyform, and they added another key to 0.0.

This caused a discrepancy that are hard to notice. You can see in this panel it may looks like a normal keyform with 0.0 value...

...while actually there are two keys on it, and they both amazingly shows up as 0.0!!

This is maybe a rare occasion but users may goes into trouble when they don't aware there are two center keys and caused glitches in editing, like below. The issue itself is an error in the editor design.

Now I'd like to hear from Live2D staff, this issue is present since the release of v3.0 and hasn't fixed until now.
If I may suggest maybe it's either to bring back two decimals value just like v2.1 editor or make a clear distinction in a near overlapping value like -0.01 and 0.0.

Thank you!