Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

Unity and Live2D Drawing Order

edited December 2023 in Help
Hello! I currently have multiple Canvas objects in my scene, and I only need one of them to be drawn in front of the Live2D models. However, in order for my to fix a few scaling issues I needed to swap the canvas layers to 'Screenspace - Camera' instead of 'Screenspace - Overlay'.

When drawn in Overlay mode, the top-most canvas correctly renders above the Live2D characters, but in Camera mode, I've been unable to get the Live2D characters behind this canvas.

I've attempted the following:
-Moving the canvases into different Sorting Layers, no effect.
-Creating a Canvas component on the Live2D objects and or parent and setting it to Camera screenspace, breaks the rendering of the characters entirely until I undo the component creation.
-Created a second Camera object that only draws the top-most canvas and has a higher order than the Main Camera, the Live2D model still draws on top of this camera.

I don't see any exposed functions or variables in the Live2D Unity SDK that could remedy this issue, so I have no idea what to do. :(

This is currently how it looks even though the selected camera "UICamera" only has the "cUI" layer selected under Culling Mask, and the Live2D objects are under "UI"
Image is scaled, you can click on it to see the full size.

Comments