Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If you have any questions, reports, suggestions, or requests about Live2D, please send them to this forum.
※We cannot guarantee statements or answers from Live2D staff. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Live2D Cubism
Cubism Products and Downloads
Cubism product manuals and tutorials
Cubism Editor Manual    Cubism Editor Tutorial    Cubism SDK Manual    Cubism SDK Tutorial
[INFORMATION](03/28/2024)
Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha version is now available!
Find out how to use the new features here.
Please take this opportunity to use it and give us your feedback!

For more information and download, please check out the Cubism Editor 5.1 alpha category.

How to make abrupt transformation method (not smooth)

Hello everyone! ))
Im newby so will be very glad if someone will help me.
I need to make the layer transformation but not smooth as deafult transform method, but like in anime cartoons abrupt mouth/eyes transformation. If i understand it right i have to load not one psd layer but some of the layers of mouths/eyes.
For example if i need 3 variations of mouth transformation (sad/normal/smile), i have to load 3 layers of mouth.
but what steps i need to do to see the abrupt/sharp transformation while moving the the parametrs "mouth open" slider.
was trying the opacity method but its akward and complicated.
Thx in advance! ))

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Basically, "instant" changes, yes? One frame it's one thing, the next frame, it's another?

I did this: I added a keyframe at 10.000 and 10.001

As you can see, as it goes from 0.000 to 10.000, there is a visible interpolation, but between 10.000 and 10.001, the change is instant: from stretched out, back to a normal shape.

So I believe that the trick might be to have very close keyframes.

I hope this helped!
  • CBeam said:

Basically, "instant" changes, yes? One frame it's one thing, the next frame, it's another?

I did this: I added a keyframe at 10.000 and 10.001

As you can see, as it goes from 0.000 to 10.000, there is a visible interpolation, but between 10.000 and 10.001, the change is instant: from stretched out, back to a normal shape.

So I believe that the trick might be to have very close keyframes.

I hope this helped!

Hello CBeam!
    Thx for advice! I've already tried this method of instant change and it actually works however i want to avoid the step of modifying the layer at all, because Im using the avatar in FaceRig and if there even 10.000 and 10.001 microsecond smooth transformation, FaceRig motion capture system catches it and shows it slowly in fact.
    Now I'll tell you why i want to avoid the slowly transformation.
    The thing is that some layers (big face part (for example big/wide mouth or big eye) are really looks akward while slowly transforming even if you make detailed step by step corrections and make ups.
    And the concept of my character's emotions is instant changing.
    So i decided to use different layers for each face part (for instant transformation), and i was trying to manage the opacity of each layer in every step of slider where emotion should change.
    Examlpe: opacity 100% to 0% in one step for one layer, from 0% to 100% at another step for another layer. (one layer hides, another shows) But its a bit complicated and i met some trubles in that method, thats why Im asking if there any easier method.
    Thx for any recommendation! ))))))
  • THANX EVERYBODY !!!!! SOLVED!! ))))
  • CBeam said:

How did you solve it?

Well CBeam, its even easier than you may think )))
    Developers took care about my need in advance )))
    when you choose 1st layer for example from 0.000 to 0.150, the layer visible only that chosen part all the rest part (from 0.150 to 1.000) its invisible by default, so you dont have to use any capasity values for that layer)))
    the other layer you choose 2 spots from 0.150 to smtg like 0.300
    the other from 0.300 to 0.600 e.t.c.
    so when you slide the slider it makes instat transformation between the layers ))

Probably it was obviously.... but Im dumb )))
    Good luck!
  • I’m trying to do the same thing but it’s difficult to follow your explanation. Could you tell me the process again?

• I’m trying to do the same thing but it’s difficult to follow your explanation. Could you tell me the process again?

basically what they said is at your default mouth parameter, add two parameters beside it. for example, your default parameter is 0.5. the two new parameters should be 0.4 and 0.6. it should be like 0.4 0.5 0.6.

on the parameters 0.4 and 0.6, set the default mouth's opacity to 100. on 0.5, put the replacement mouth at 100 opacity and the default mouth/the rest of the parts to 0 opacity. atleast that's what i understood