Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Users,

Now, we are seeking users who can give us a hand with expertise to evolve our software more dynamically.
If you are willing to help us, we’d like you to make a registration for “Live2D Creators Circle” via the link below.
Designers, programmers, translators are especially welcomed so far.
(More detailed explanation will be given to you before we ask you to do tasks)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G5KK_GL3ozwPXtTHrpi_ktbsI8UZf8jlYRSlDworyBo/viewform?usp=send_form

Problem using Unity SDK

Hi,

I've been following this tutorial (sites.cybernoids.jp/cubism_e/sdk_tutorial/platform-setting/unity/csharp/sampleapp1) and have run into a problem repeatedly.

In the tutorial the Live2D_Canvas object uses the script LApp Model (Script), where as the included files use LApp Model Proxy (Script) which does not seem to allow me to link my model.json, instead asking for a path.

Including the path to the model instead gives me the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Attempting to attach LApp Model (Script) to the game object produces an error also.

I'm using the most recent SDK and unity version (I also tried the older SDKs, same problem), and I'm on windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Tagged:

Comments

• Sorry, the tutorials are outdated. LAppModelProxy is indeed the correct one.

Like you wrote, I understand that it does not allow you to link your model.json by drag&drop, instead asking for a path. This is due to the current settings of the SDK, and you will need to manually type in the path to your model.json . Sorry for the hassle, but this is the simple solution at the moment.

We are actually in the middle of modifying both SDK along with relevant tutorials, which are to be released in the next update.
  • Hello, could you possibly give an example of what that path should look like? I've tried typing in:
    • (whatever goes before this)\Resources\live2d\shizuku\shizuku.model.json
    • (whatever goes before this)\Resources\live2d\shizuku\shizuku.model
    • (whatever goes before this)\Resources\live2d\shizuku
    however none of it seems to work.
  • ok nevermind. I went into the sample version that Live2D provides and saw that the path was live2d/shizuku/shizuku.model.json.
  • edited January 2015
    Glad you solved by yourself.
    Thank you for sharing!